The southern region of the United States includes the lovely city of Savannah, Georgia. It is renowned for its historic buildings, cobblestone streets, and lovely parks. Savannah offers a thriving arts scene, top-notch dining options, and a variety of outdoor activities. Millions of tourists visit there each year, making it a well-known tourist destination.
There are several great options if you're considering a vacation to Savannah and wondering where to stay. Savannah offers both luxury vacations and inexpensive accommodations, so there is something for everyone. The top hotels in Savannah, Georgia are listed below.
Hotels with Moderate Rates:
A list of the best Mid-Range hotels to stay at when visiting Savannah, Georgia.
A short distance from Savannah's historic core, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown is a hotel that is situated in the city's Midtown neighbourhood. Modern guest rooms, a fitness centre, and free breakfast are available at the Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown. Prices for a night start at about $120.
A short distance from River Street, the Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic Quarter is situated in the centre of the city's historic district. Large guest rooms, a fitness facility, and a complementary breakfast are all amenities of the Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District. Prices for a night start at about $150.
Forsyth Park is only a short stroll from the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District, which is situated in the centre of the city's historic district. There includes a workout facility, free breakfast, and roomy suites with full kitchens at the Residence Inn Savannah Downtown/Historic District. The nightly rate starts at around $170.
The top all-inclusive luxury hotels Georgia has to offer are those listed under luxury accommodations.
A short distance from the Savannah River, the Alida Savannah, a Tribute Portfolio Hotel is situated in the centre of the city's historic quarter. Beautifully furnished guest suites, a rooftop pool with breathtaking views, and a restaurant serving modern Southern fare are all available at The Alida Savannah. Prices for a night start at about $300.
The Justine Inn Savannah is a classy bed and breakfast located in the centre of Savannah's historic district. A verdant courtyard garden, nicely decorated rooms with antique furniture, and a full breakfast are all attractions of the Justine Inn Savannah. Prices per night start at about $250.
The Autograph Collection's The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront - In the centre of the historic quarter, on the riverfront, is where you'll find this luxurious hotel. The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront has exquisitely furnished suites with views of the river, an outdoor pool, a rooftop lounge, and a restaurant serving fine Southern food. Prices for a night start at about $300.
These three well-regarded, reasonably priced Georgian hotels offer excellent value for money and give visitors a comfortable, convenient place to stay.
A short distance from Savannah's historic core, the Best Western Central Inn is situated in the city's Midtown neighbourhood. The Best Western Central Inn offers complimentary breakfast, a fitness centre, and cosy guest rooms. Prices for a night start at about $80.
A short distance from Savannah's historic core, the Howard Johnson by Wyndham hotel is situated in the city's Midtown neighbourhood. The Savannah, Georgia Howard Johnson by Wyndham offers cosy guest rooms, an outdoor pool, and free breakfast. The nightly rate starts at about $70.
The Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Gateway is a hotel close to the Savannah/Hilton Head International Airport, just outside of Savannah. There are modern guest rooms, an outdoor pool, and free breakfast at the Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Gateway. Prices for a night start at about $90.
There are several wonderful districts to stay in when visiting Savannah, Georgia, which is a fascinating and character-filled historic city. The Historic District, Midtown, and the Victorian District are some of the tourist areas that are most well-liked.
The Ancient District:
The core of Savannah, the Ancient District, is renowned for its tree-lined avenues, lovely squares, and historic buildings. Here, visitors will find many of the top eateries, stores, and attractions in the city, including Forsyth Park, River Street, and the Museum of Art at the Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD).
For those who want to be close to the activity yet still have some peace and quiet, Savannah's Midtown neighbourhood is ideal. The Oglethorpe Mall, as well as a variety of historic homes, parks, and shopping areas, can be found in Midtown.
Savannah's Victorian District is a stunning and noteworthy neighbourhood distinguished by its elaborate Victorian houses and charming streets. Along with the lovely Daffin Park, this neighbourhood is home to numerous bed & breakfasts, boutique hotels, and eateries.
Savannah, Georgia is popular with tourists because of its fascinating past, stunning architecture, and warm southern friendliness. Even while there are many well-known tourist destinations, there are also a lot of off-the-path pursuits that are worth pursuing. The top three are listed below:
Historic cemetery Bonaventure Cemetery:
Historic cemetery Bonaventure Cemetery is well-known for its stunning oak trees, elaborate graves, and eerie beauty. The cemetery offers both free self-guided tours and guided tours for a modest cost.
Wormsloe Historic Site:
Located on a 300-acre estate, Wormsloe Historic Site is home to a mile-long avenue of live oak trees, one of Savannah's most recognisable features. For a nominal admission fee, visitors can explore the estate's museum, nature paths, and mediaeval ruins.
Fort Pulaski National Monument:
Fort Pulaski National Monument, a historic fort that was significant in the American Civil War, is now a national monument. For a nominal admission fee, visitors can tour the fort's barracks, cannon positions, and other attractions. The fort also often holds historical demonstrations and living history events.
Savannah, Georgia FAQs:
What are the best hotels in Savannah, Georgia?
Savannah, Georgia, is a picturesque and historic city that provides travellers with a selection of lodging options. Savannah provides accommodations to suit all budgets, whether you're seeking for five-star resorts, quaint bed and breakfasts, or affordable alternatives. The following are a few of Savannah, Georgia's top hotels:
- The Kimpton Brice Hotel – In the centre of Savannah's historic quarter, this chic and opulent hotel can be found. Elegant guestrooms and suites, a rooftop pool, a fitness centre, a restaurant, and a bar are all amenities of the Kimpton Brice Hotel.
- The Mansion on Forsyth Park - This exquisite hotel is housed in a 19th-century mansion that has been tastefully renovated. It has opulent rooms and suites as well as a spa, a fitness centre, and a rooftop pool. The renowned Forsyth Park in Savannah is a short distance from The Mansion on Forsyth Park.
- The Perry Lane Hotel – This chic and contemporary hotel is situated in Savannah's Historic District, a hip area. A rooftop bar, a fitness facility, a restaurant, and opulent rooms and suites are all available at The Perry Lane Hotel.
- The Marshall House - This historic hotel is housed in an exquisitely renovated 1851 structure. A courtyard garden, a rooftop bar, and lovely rooms and suites can be found at The Marshall House.
- The Gastonian - In Savannah's historic area, this opulent bed & breakfast is housed in a magnificently renovated home. The Gastonian offers opulent rooms and suites, a courtyard garden, and an every morning provided gourmet breakfast.
What are the best places to stay in Savannah, Georgia?
Beautiful Savannah, Georgia is home to a variety of lodging choices for tourists. There are many excellent locations to stay in Savannah, whether you choose a grand hotel or a cosy bed & breakfast. The top choices are as follows:
- The Kehoe House: In the centre of Savannah's Historic District sits this opulent bed and breakfast. The 1892 structure has undergone a stunning restoration. Each morning's complementary breakfast is available to guests, and there is also an evening wine and cheese event.
- The Mansion on Forsyth Park: One of Savannah's most stunning green places, Forsyth Park, is only a short distance away from this opulent hotel. The hotel has a spa, an art gallery, and a rooftop lounge with magnificent city views.
- The Hamilton-Turner Inn: This charming bed and breakfast is housed in a stunning 1873 home. The inn has 17 guest rooms, each with its own special charm and personality. A complementary breakfast and wine and hors d'oeuvres are provided for guests in the afternoon.
- The Marshall House: Situated in Savannah's Historic District, this grand hotel has a long history. The 1851 structure has undergone a stunning restoration. The complimentary breakfast and evening wine and cheese are available to visitors.
- The Westin Savannah Harbor Golf Resort & Spa: The Historic District may be reached by taking a short ferry ride from this resort, which is situated on the Savannah River.
In conclusion, Savannah, Georgia, is a wonderful vacation destination for tourists seeking a combination of history, culture, and outdoor activities. This charming southern city offers something for everyone, from opulent luxury hotels to budget-friendly accommodations. The Historic District, Midtown, and Victorian District are all popular areas to stay, each with its unique charm and attractions.
Savannah's top luxury hotels, such as The Alida, Savannah and The Bohemian Hotel Savannah Riverfront, provide beautifully decorated suites, rooftop pools, and outstanding dining experiences, offering a luxurious experience for those seeking high-end accommodations. For mid-range accommodations, hotels such as Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Downtown, and Residence Inn Savannah provide all the basic amenities and comforts of home, including fitness centers, free breakfast, and spacious suites with kitchens. If you're on a tight budget, Savannah offers low-cost accommodation options like the Best Western Central Inn, Howard Johnson by Wyndham Savannah, and Wingate by Wyndham Savannah Gateway, which provide simple yet comfortable guest rooms and basic amenities.
Savannah's popularity among tourists is not only due to its historic architecture and picturesque squares, but also its range of off-the-path activities, such as the Bonaventure Cemetery, Wormsloe Historic Site, and Fort Pulaski National Monument. These activities offer a glimpse into the city's fascinating past and provide a unique perspective on Savannah's history and culture.
In summary, Savannah, Georgia, offers a perfect blend of history, culture, and outdoor activities, making it a popular vacation destination for people of all ages and interests. With its range of accommodation options and diverse activities, Savannah provides an unforgettable vacation experience that will leave you wanting to come back for more.